23 March, 2015

2 Meses

Although this is a few days late on Friday I passed 2 months in Spain. This past month has been quite good and an experience of learning more about the Spanish culture and practicing my Spanish.

So after returning back from my 10 day adventures in Europe it was time to get back in the swing of things. During the first week back it was quite laid back just school for the days. On Thursday in the evening I met with a friend and we went for a walk. Later in the evening we met with my Spanish friend and met some of her friends and went to a club here in Sevilla called Abril. It was quite a nice time and I enjoyed listening to Spanish music. On Friday evening I went with one of friends and grabbed dinner with her and some of her friends. After we took a walk on the river. Saturday I met with two other girls in my program and we tried to visit the Cruzcampo factory, but since it was closed we headed downtown and just chilled by the river. Sunday was quite an adventure. Me and one other girl headed to Ronda, which is a city that is close to Sevilla. It was such a pretty place and had famous wineries so we went to do a wine visit on top of visiting the city. It was also a nice city to visit as it was built on top of cliffs so you can take a train to the bottom part to get a view of the entire city. By far it was one of my favorite places here in Spain.
Night in Abril

Evening on the River

Trip to Ronda


Monday evening was a roommate night and we went to get some tapas on the river. On Wednesday I went to Centro to met with a friend of mine and we just hung out for the evening. Thursday me and some other students from my program went kayaking on the river, which was quite an experience. Later that evening we met with some friends in centro and their friends and we just walked around and hung out for some time. Friday I got up bright and early to catch the bus to Cordoba and Granada for the weekend. Our first stop was Cordoba, where we saw the Moorish Mosque that still exists in the city. After some time there we just walked around the city. In the afternoon we met back with our program and caught the bus to Granada where we were going to spend the rest of the weekend at. Once we arrived we dropped our stuff off and then went to get a view of the city. Afterwards our program took us to watch a flamenco show, which was a very fun time and great experience. After the show me and some of the girls walked around centro and we went to eat tapas. On Saturday we woke up and headed to the Alhambra, which is the famous moorish castle of the city. It was such a pretty place to see and made me super excited for my trip I will be taking to Morocco. After we finished all that we could in the Alhambra me and some of the girls changed and headed out to try and find the bus to take a trail in the Sierra Nevada. Unfortunately after getting a bus and ending up in the wrong spot we decided to give up on that hope. So instead me and one of the girls took a bus to a spot behind the Alhambra. It was such a nice trail and it pretty to see the view of the Sierra Nevada. In the evening we went to a tapas place that served international food, which was quite an experience. On Sunday morning we got up and went with our program to the cathedral of the city, and saw where Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand where buried. After which we walked around and went to the Arab market of the city and saw some last minute places of the city. Then we packed up and headed back to Sevilla.
Mosque of Cordaba



Alhambra

Hike behind the Alhambra

Evening at the Alhambra


During the week it was quite a usual week of school work and classes. On Thursday evening though me and my roommate went out with her friend for dinner. On Friday I passed the day at home as it was consent rain , but in the evening it finally cleared up. So me and a friend met up and walked around centro and enjoyed the time outside. Saturday evening I met with a friend and we went out to an international party. After sometime at the party we decided to head to centro where we walked around for sometime and then headed back home. Sunday since it cleared up a little I did a little walk around Triana, the area Im staying in. Also stopped by a famous bakery in the area.
Stroll around the city

Adventure in Triana, at the famous bakery 


This weekend begins Semana Santa here in Sevilla, a famous holiday that is held during Easter. I will also be going to Lisboa for the weekend and then will spend a few days in Morocco also. This next month here in Spain will be quite busy and full of many different events and special holidays from the city. So we will see how it all turns out.

This month has been such a great opportunity to get more accustomed to the Spanish culture. It has also been a good time practicing Spanish and just expanding on my knowledge. It has definitely progressed but still have a good amount to learn. My time here has been such a great experience and I look forward to what the next two months bring.

Until then  

No comments:

Post a Comment